Our team at Thrillworks takes Agile product building seriously, whether it's a CMS-driven marketing site, email blasts, a mobile application, or any other digital initiative. And we believe any work we do won't be truly successful without a strong cultural sense of DevOps. Reporting to the DevOps Manager and working closely with the Technology team, the DevOps lead will help continuously improve project practices internally and for our clients.
Simply put, if it lives on a screen in the digital world, we build it. From websites to mobile apps to media campaigns, and everything else in between, we build it all with humanity to delight your customers and rapidly achieve returns on your digital investment. Our team is there every step of the way to bring that experience to life. Because to us, digital is more than a medium, more than a lifestyle – it is life.
You will be instrumental in ensuring Thrillworks is effective in continuing to deliver quality on-time work to our clients. You will help clients to drastically improve the internal processes managing their digital applications and services, and help them deliver higher value consistently to their customers.
The DevOps role at Thrillworks is essential to help our teams do better work every day by:
• Working with project teams to build and maintain application environments that minimize project friction
• Creating, documenting, and maintaining deployment pipelines for multiple project platforms
• Evangelize and work with developers to implement containerization across projects
• Manage and support builds in CI tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, and Azure Pipelines
• Monitor and maintain application architecture using tools like New Relic or App Dynamics
• Work with Thrillworks and client cloud environments such as Azure, AWS and Google cloud.
DevOps at Thrillworks will be vital in enabling agile teams to build and deploy websites and software quickly, with confidence and security.
Your role as a DevOps Engineer Requires:
The person we select as DevOps Engineer will work directly with the DevOps Manager and client project teams and contribute to the DevOps foundation within our culture. The ideal candidate is passionate about both the technical and people related aspects of DevOps, continuous improvement and Lean Agile methodologies.
• 3+ years working in a services company delivering web or mobile software (Agency experience a plus)
• 2+ years working in a DevOps role supporting multiple projects
• Experience with one or more of the following: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
• Experience using Infrastructure as Code to manage cloud environments
• Experience configuring and maintaining a CI system such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, Bitbucket Pipelines
• Working knowledge of modern software development process and troubleshooting using languages and frameworks such as NodeJS, Java, Objective C
• Nice to have: experience consulting with business and technical clients